31 replies to this topic

#21 bojan

bojan

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 1628 PM

I liked BP, but it is a tricky tank to play with low alpha.

#22 Nikolas93TS

Nikolas93TS

Thread necromancer and obscure questions

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 1341 PM

I don't know why, but I really like Black Prince. Despite being just slightly better on paper than Churchill VII, it feels totally different and far superior. Only issue I have with it is that often you have difficulties tracking targets as tracks seems to have more HP than your shot.

#23 zaarin7

zaarin7

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 1621 PM

My issue isn't the BP itself it's the teir the idiots put it in. A lot of tier issue's IMHO come from the fact the game is limited to 10 across 5 decades. And again IMHO that's true of all three games.

#24 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 1059 AM

I find like most heavies it rules if top tier (7) , but suffers greatly when mid or bottom.  Just barely holds its own against T8.

#25 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 1958 PM

Update 9.9 came out today I guess.  Updating now.  I miss when Marek used to keep us informed as I don't go to the forums.  I know he is off doing other things.  Also, many of our people have abandoned Tanks.  Oh well. 

#26 Stefan Fredriksson

Stefan Fredriksson

Stable Genius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 1016 AM

Luckily you can now once again see who killed whom.

And when you get the listing at top of screen ingame, the symbols come in tier-order, not type-order.
Now a tier 6 Heavy wont be "ahead" of a tier 7 light.
Which I think is good, hopefully gets people to reflect more on tiers, than just "doooohhh, heaviessss".

#27 Colin

Colin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,994 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 1132 AM

My M6 mutant got a makeover, better frontal armour and slope. Seems the sides are beefier. Agility and climbing speed suffers though.

#28 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 1448 PM

Changed the turret on the M46 (M47 really) Patton.  It still doesnt look right. :glare:

#29 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 1733 PM

Changed the turret on the M46 (M47 really) Patton.  It still doesnt look right. :glare:

you mean the little patch today was supposed to have changed the M46 turret?  cause' it still looks the same to me as the f'd up version released in the original 9.9.  Still has the big turret smiley in front below the gun mantlet -- and the turret still looks weirdly stretched in the vertical axis and oddly narrow in width -- particularly when viewed from the back of the tank.  The bottom of the gun mantlet shouldn't be so high above the top of the hull.  

with the large numbers of scale drawing available of this thing -- or even scale model kits -- it doesn't seem like this should that hard to get the 3D model right.

#30 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 1007 AM

you mean the little patch today was supposed to have changed the M46 turret?  cause' it still looks the same to me as the f'd up version released in the original 9.9.  Still has the big turret smiley in front below the gun mantlet -- and the turret still looks weirdly stretched in the vertical axis and oddly narrow in width -- particularly when viewed from the back of the tank.  The bottom of the gun mantlet shouldn't be so high above the top of the hull.  

with the large numbers of scale drawing available of this thing -- or even scale model kits -- it doesn't seem like this should that hard to get the 3D model right.

I meant 9.9.  Yes the turret is too big.

compare this

image0041-1020x574.jpg

to this

m47_patton_01_of_18.jpg

#31 jwduquette1

jwduquette1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 0837 AM

yup -- the gun mantlet on the WoT version is obviously too high up.  it creates a big fat shot magnet right below the gun.  unfortunate -- was looking forward to the new HD model along with it's buffed gun handling.  

there was additional poop about the model over on the status report Blog.  apparently an administrative fk' up resulted in the wonky HD model being released into the wild.

#32 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 1116 AM

Well the turret model was fkd up on the pre HD version as well.  Hopefully they'll get it right in a future patch.

Reply to this topic