4236 replies to this topic

#4221 seahawk

seahawk

military loving leftist peace monkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:38 AM

They do not hide criminals, they are criminals too.

There are degrees of law breaking. trespassing and working without a permit is a crime...as is drug running and murder.

Law breaking is law breaking. End of it. The punishment might be different, but the interest of a healthy society to catch the criminals is the same.

Edited by seahawk, Yesterday, 09:39 AM.

#4222 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM

There are degrees of law breaking. trespassing and working without a permit is a crime...as is drug running and murder.

Law breaking is law breaking. End of it. The punishment might be different, but the interest of a healthy society to catch the criminals is the same.

Fair nuf. So should speeders, a civil infraction, have a life time driving ban?

#4223 rmgill

rmgill

Strap-hanger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,021 posts
  • Interests:WWII Armor, Ferrets, Dingos, Humbers, etc...

Posted Yesterday, 03:49 PM

What part of "The punishment might be different" is unclear?

Is it our accents that you don't get?

20b10f09de7aca6f431bbeaf55f93a87.jpg​

Edited by rmgill, Yesterday, 03:49 PM.

#4224 Jeff

Jeff

Drum beating laughing boy

• Members
  • 27,502 posts

Posted Today, 06:16 AM

https://www.national...r-ending-probe/

I suspect some people again, not McCarthy or Mukasey dont really want to see Mueller fired so much as tarnished, so that whatever he finds is considered tainted. I get that political argument even if I think its grotesquely cynical. But I assume some of the Trump-defenders are sincere in their belief that Trump should end the investigation, and I assume they think this would be good for Trump. What I havent heard is a compelling argument for why it would be good for Trump unless they think Mueller has found something or some things that would be even more politically damaging than the fallout from firing Mueller would be.

Wow, from the National Review no less.

What hole have you been in? NRO has a very strong never Trump personality, heck, they made never Trump the theme of one of their issues, and one of the leaders is Jonah Goldberg. I used to enjoy reading him but he's become obsessed with all things never Trump and has become predictable and unbearable.

#4225 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted Today, 06:42 AM

What part of "The punishment might be different" is unclear?

Good one.

However you obviously didnt get my point on punishment. Immigration violation, a administrative or civil infraction = lifetime visa ban.

Akin to a speeding ticket = lifetime driving ban.

#4226 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted Today, 06:47 AM

https://www.buzzfeed...n-taxi-business

Cohen's Taxi buisness is all part of Trump's money laundering deal for the Russian mob/oligarchs (same-same).

#4227 Paul G.

Paul G.

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted Today, 06:57 AM

Lock him up?

President Donald Trump uses a White House cellphone that isnt equipped with sophisticated security features designed to shield his communications, according to two senior administration officials a departure from the practice of his predecessors that potentially exposes him to hacking or surveillance.

While aides have urged the president to swap out the Twitter phone on a monthly basis, Trump has resisted their entreaties, telling them it was too inconvenient, the same administration official said.

The president has gone as long as five months without having the phone checked by security experts. It is unclear how often Trumps call-capable phones, which are essentially used as burner phones, are swapped out.

From a Politico story. Obviously leaked by the President's own staff because they are frustrated...

Edited by Paul G., Today, 07:00 AM.

#4228 toysoldier

toysoldier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,039 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi, history, gameplay

Posted Today, 07:03 AM

Lock him up?

President Donald Trump uses a White House cellphone that isnt equipped with sophisticated security features designed to shield his communications, according to two senior administration officials a departure from the practice of his predecessors that potentially exposes him to hacking or surveillance.
While aides have urged the president to swap out the Twitter phone on a monthly basis, Trump has resisted their entreaties, telling them it was too inconvenient, the same administration official said.
The president has gone as long as five months without having the phone checked by security experts. It is unclear how often Trumps call-capable phones, which are essentially used as burner phones, are swapped out.

From a Politico story. Obviously leaked by the President's own staff because they are frustrated...
No, leaked by those "experts", who are deep state traitors in need of termination.

#4229 Josh

Josh

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,534 posts

Posted Today, 07:54 AM

I suspect some people again, not McCarthy or Mukasey dont really want to see Mueller fired so much as tarnished, so that whatever he finds is considered tainted. I get that political argument even if I think its grotesquely cynical. But I assume some of the Trump-defenders are sincere in their belief that Trump should end the investigation, and I assume they think this would be good for Trump. What I havent heard is a compelling argument for why it would be good for Trump unless they think Mueller has found something or some things that would be even more politically damaging than the fallout from firing Mueller would be.

What hole have you been in? NRO has a very strong never Trump personality, heck, they made never Trump the theme of one of their issues, and one of the leaders is Jonah Goldberg. I used to enjoy reading him but he's become obsessed with all things never Trump and has become predictable and unbearable.

A hole where I'm not up on the conservative rags. You won't find me reading Huff Po or Mother Jones either. At least some conservatives don't think their winning though, and think that maybe the current administration might have something to hide. Their words, not mine. But I'm sure it's just a Dem plot being handled by a life long republican investigator.

Edited by Josh, Today, 07:54 AM.

#4230 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Now is the winter of our discontent

• Members
  • 30,755 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted Today, 08:08 AM

https://legalinsurre...nimal-comments/

He’s painting our entire community with a broad and racist brush in order to justify his xenophobic policies. Central American immigrants ages 14-25 are often automatically labeled gang members so they can be deported quickly, without question. Many of these young people come to the United States precisely to escape gang violence. But according to the White House, they are all “animals” too.

Women’s March doesn’t believe any person—no matter their crimes—should be dehumanized this way. It is true that some members of MS-13 have done terrible things. But the president is using those crimes to appeal to social fears of Black and Brown gang members and rapists in order to justify his racist policies.

Trump has, intentionally or not, caused America's left wing to defend rapists. 

#4231 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Now is the winter of our discontent

• Members
  • 30,755 posts
  • Interests:military technology, military history, weapon systems, management/organizational design, early American history

Posted Today, 08:11 AM

http://dailycaller.c...ress-subpoenas/

Many agents in the FBI want Congress to subpoena them so they can reveal problems caused by former FBI Director James Comey and former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe, three people in direct contact with active field agents tell TheDC.

“There are agents all over this country who love the bureau and are sickened by [James] Comey’s behavior and [Andrew] McCabe and [Eric] Holder and [Loretta] Lynch and the thugs like [John] Brennan–who despise the fact that the bureau was used as a tool of political intelligence by the Obama administration thugs,” former federal prosecutor Joe DiGenova told The Daily Caller Tuesday. “They are just waiting for a chance to come forward and testify.”

#4232 Mobius

Mobius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,285 posts
  • Interests:wargamming
    programming
    ballistics
    3D game development

Posted Today, 09:39 AM

Fair nuf. So should speeders, a civil infraction, have a life time driving ban?

Not the same.  It is only a civil infraction if the person entered the country legally but their visa has expired.  If they entered without authorization then that is a misdemeanor and punishable by up to six months.  But, you knew that.

Actually this applies to US citizens as well if they enter from say Mexico by not going through a border checkpoint.

Edited by Mobius, Today, 09:43 AM.

#4233 DKTanker

DKTanker

1strdhit

• Members
  • 24,069 posts

Posted Today, 10:16 AM

NRO, Weekly Standard, and the web site Mark Levin likes to cite, Right Scoop, are all decidedly NeverTrump.  I was banished from Right Scoop, not because I wasn't NeverTrumper enough for them, but because about this time last year I started questioning the motives behind the "Russia Collusion" theory and the political witch hunt which grew into the Mueller investigation.  That and I blasted the editors for their incessant drumbeat of everything bad in the world somehow being the fault of Donald Trump.  It rained today.  Trump's fault.  Not enough rain.  Trump's fault.

#4234 Andres Vera

Andres Vera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Interests:Becoming a helicopter pilot for the Pinochet administration

Posted Today, 05:20 PM

Goldberg is such a hypocrite. If W had made an alliance between Israel, the House of Saud and Jordan against Iran in Syria, he would have built him a statue. Had he made these tax cuts, he would have bough a MAGA hat. Jerusalem as Israel capital? Well, Mount Rushmore. 

I enjoy, and laugh allot, reading @NolteNC and @KurtSchlichter

#4235 Jeff

Jeff

Drum beating laughing boy

• Members
  • 27,502 posts

Posted Today, 08:02 PM

Goldberg is such a hypocrite. If W had made an alliance between Israel, the House of Saud and Jordan against Iran in Syria, he would have built him a statue. Had he made these tax cuts, he would have bough a MAGA hat. Jerusalem as Israel capital? Well, Mount Rushmore. 

I enjoy, and laugh allot, reading @NolteNC and @KurtSchlichter

I've become a fan of Kurt Schlichter both on Twitter and his Town Hall columns. He catches the frustration many feel towards the Left and particularly the cruise shilling Never Trumpers on the right. We're done being the gentlemanly losers. I may hate the rules the Left has declared, but I'm damn sure going to make them live by them until they choke.

#4236 Brian Kennedy

Brian Kennedy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 49 minutes ago

A hole where I'm not up on the conservative rags. You won't find me reading Huff Po or Mother Jones either. At least some conservatives don't think their winning though, and think that maybe the current administration might have something to hide. Their words, not mine. But I'm sure it's just a Dem plot being handled by a life long republican investigator.

NRO has a fair contingent of never-Trumpers (many of whom are very good writers) but also people like Victor Davis Hanson (who's very much in the "Trump is like Grant! Uh, I mean Sherman!!" camp). The *cough* elephant in the room is that Trump is wildly popular among rank-and-file Republicans so it's all kind of pointless. 

#4237 JasonJ

JasonJ

takoyaki8plz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,430 posts

Posted 9 minutes ago

Trump wants to look into tariffs on imported cars.
http://www.asahi.com...1805240009.html

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Der Zeitgeist