• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#401 Daan

Daan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 0825 AM

Is there in the German justice system an option for immediate expulsion of foreign nationals after they have served their prison sentence?

#402 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

Bullshit filter overload, venting into civility charger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,300 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 1328 PM

Technically yes; any such case is always about weighing the public interest against the personal interest of the person in question (family, job, etc.). As of 2016, the law says there is a "severe interest of expulsion" when a foreigner has been sentenced to at least one year of prison time, less for crimes involving violence or other aggravating circumstances; it does no longer matter whether the sentence is suspended.

A "particular severe interest" exists in cases of convictions to at least two years, at least one year with aggravating circumstances, if security containment has been ordered, or the person presents a danger to the liberal democratic basic order or the security of the Federal Republic of Germany (typically by being member of a terror group or similar); there's such a case upthread. Since late last year there has been talk of further lowering thresholds.

However, in practice actual deportation doesn't happen in most cases. See another recent post on how hard it is to get rid even of highly criminal repeat offenders. Even folks under a valid expulsion order cannot be physically deported if they might face torture, execution etc. at home - inalienable human rights and all. Though sometimes it takes a deportation in defiance of court orders to establish if such a threat actually exists; see yet another post from a neighbor thread.

For EU citizens, the European Court of Justice also ruled last year that they cannot be expulsed automatically if they have lived in the respective country for at least five years (and thus have a right to permanent residence under EU regulations) and are well-integrated.

#403 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,300 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 0510 AM

A 49-year-old Russian has been arrested on murder charges after a cycle-by shooting of a 40-year-old Georgian national in a park in the Berlin borough of Moabit on Friday. The suspect reportedly rode up to the victim on a bike, shot him from behind and then a second time as he was down, then made off and dropped the gun into the nearby Spree River, where it was recovered by police divers. The victim is allegedly an ethnic Chechen from the Pankisi Valley and fought against the Russians as an Islamist in the 2001-2005 war in Chechnya; an attempt on his life was supposedly made before in 2015.

#404 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 0536 AM

Or he was an anti terror operative but that part is so far unconfirmed.

https://www.merkur.d...r-12941292.html

#405 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,300 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 1241 PM

On the fourth anniversary of the crucial night of 4 September 2015 in which, as often wrongly stated, "Merkel opened the border" (rather, she didn't close it), public broadcaster ZDF aired a docu-drama on events. It wasn't particularly well-received by anybody; even liberal, much less right-wing critics noted it errs on the sympathetic side of depiction, and Merkel herself (who like all still-serving government officials didn't make herself available for the production) reportedly didn't like it either for the claims of authenticity for the acted scenes filling in the gaps of documentary footage - which however sources close to her stated afterwards got various details wrong.

As so often with these things, I found some of those scenes bordering on cringeworthy myself, though I have to say the guy playing Merkel's then-chief of staff Peter Altmaier is a dead ringer. The best thing you can say about this is that it visualizes the basic sequence of events as they have been previously detailed in text, like here and here.

Meanwhile Germany's other public broadcaster ARD has finished shooting "The Driven", based upon the book by former "Welt" journalist Robin Alexander which has been hailed as the most thorough account of the two months leading up to those days in September. I gather it will be a plain dramatization rather than trying to be a documentation, and if true to the source, it will probably be much less sympathetic; in this case, while all critics were in praise of the detailed depiction, liberals noted that the author seemed to have an axe to grind with Merkel.

#406 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,300 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 1234 PM

Currently open arrest warrants for political extremists in Germany:

- Religiously motivated: 584 (mostly Islamists; plus 3,919 international warrants for globetrotting jihadis).

- Secular foreign ideologies: 225.

- Right-wing: 657.

- Left-wing: 141.

- Other: 454.

At least for domestic extremists, most warrants are actually not over ideologically-motivated offenses, but general, often petty crime: battery, theft, fraud, fare evasion, and often just failure to pay fines for it. That's true for 82 percent of leftists; for neo-Nazis, "propaganda delicts" like showing the Hitler salute, swastikas etc. are only the fourth-most common reason.

#407 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

Just Another Salisbury Tourist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 0218 AM

A 49-year-old Russian has been arrested on murder charges after a cycle-by shooting of a 40-year-old Georgian national in a park in the Berlin borough of Moabit on Friday. The suspect reportedly rode up to the victim on a bike, shot him from behind and then a second time as he was down, then made off and dropped the gun into the nearby Spree River, where it was recovered by police divers. The victim is allegedly an ethnic Chechen from the Pankisi Valley and fought against the Russians as an Islamist in the 2001-2005 war in Chechnya; an attempt on his life was supposedly made before in 2015.

There was an interesting article on this in Bellingcat.

https://www.bellingc...tity-documents/

#408 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,300 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 0554 AM

Yeah, I saw that, but didn't get around to post on TankNet for a week or so after that. Seems this guy's classification as an Islamist by German authorities (he actually had expulsion proceedings going on against him) was driven by Russian-supplied information, while Georgian intelligence considered him a useful go-between and moderating influence for the local Islamist scene.

The killer looks rather professional and probably would have gotten away if it wasn't for some kids who called police when they saw him dumping his bike, silenced pistol and wig into the Spree River before trying to make off in the guise of a camera-hung tourist on one of these newly-ubiquituous electric footbikes. After arrest he talked only long enough to claim his innocence, then clamped down.

Any doubts I have about this being a Russian intelligence hit are mostly related to the fact that it didn't leave Berlin Central an NBCR hazmat zone. :D Of course that may be just because, for better or worse, different game rules are in effect for Germany than the UK. Not that diplomatic niceties seem to count a lot here recently; less than two years ago, local Vietnamese embassy staff was involved in kidnapping a fugitive former communist party functionary off a Berlin street not far from where the current incident happened, also in broad daylight. He subsequently turned up to face real or imagined corruption charges in a court back home.

Since this is the place to talk about foreigner-related shootings, I guess that goes doubly for the Polish guy who was shot and killed by police on the Autobahn near Berlin yesterday when he pointed a gun at them after he was stopped by them on a Polish warrant for shooting and killing a Ukrainian woman at a shop back home. Probably a relationship drama; at least he didn't proceed to attack random strangers in his way like the Syrian who stabbed his Polish girlfriend to death in Reutlingen three years ago. That guy is currently serving a life sentence.

#409 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,511 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 0724 AM

Yeah, I saw that, but didn't get around to post on TankNet for a week or so after that. Seems this guy's classification as an Islamist by German authorities (he actually had expulsion proceedings going on against him) was driven by Russian-supplied information, while Georgian intelligence considered him a useful go-between and moderating influence for the local Islamist scene.

Georgian intelligence is the last source to take into consideration since they got history of providing safe haven and channel to outside world for Chechen terrorists and their international Islamist supporters (as Georgia is the only foreign country bordering Chechnya).
By the way false flag attack on German politician (with ATGM) to drag Germany into conflict in Russia was part of Anisimov’s book (published in March 2013)

#410 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 0901 AM

"like the Syrian who stabbed his Polish girlfriend to death in Reutlingen three years ago."

I thought she was twice his age and just a female coworker. The cops labelled this a relationships act*, not because the two were in one but because they knew each other.

Beziehungstat: German Police speak for "victim and perpetrator know each other."

#411 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 1133 AM

The killer looks rather professional and probably would have gotten away if it wasn't for some those meddling kids who called police

FIFY, cut to Scooby Doo.

#412 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 1234 PM

https://www.nw.de/lo...s-gesperrt.html

Racist attacks school kids with CS gas – or so the MSM say but is it true?

Some guy did attack school kids at Bielefeld’s central station with CS gas and he told the cops that the kids annoyed him, that he is a racist and allegedly also that he is member of the AfD. What he definitely was is drunk! What is not in the article(s) is any information that the kids had an immigrant background. 

This is most likely sloppy reporting about a perp who is very likely to be either a not harmless lunatic or an addict.

#413 BansheeOne

BansheeOne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14,300 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 1244 PM

"like the Syrian who stabbed his Polish girlfriend to death in Reutlingen three years ago."

I thought she was twice his age and just a female coworker. The cops labelled this a relationships act*, not because the two were in one but because they knew each other.

Beziehungstat: German Police speak for "victim and perpetrator know each other."

There was some ideologically-charged debate on the nature of their relationship, with some maintaining that a good Polish girl would never hook up with some dirty Muslim migrant. But in court he confessed that he killed her out of jealousy because she allegedly had a second lover, too, and may have compared the respective sex unfavorably to him. Though the trial also suggested that their relationship included little beyond the sex, since they shared very little common language.

Meanwhile there are reports that US intelligence has identified the Berlin hitman as a 48-year-old former member of a Russian interior ministry unit who was convicted for murder in Russia once already about 15 years ago. Per this, he travelled to Berlin via Paris and Warsaw, where Polish police recovered some items from the hotel room he seems to have used as an immediate base. I see a movie coming up which includes the line "Boris, what would you think about a reduction of your time in here?"

#414 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 54,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 1249 PM

The killer looks rather professional and probably would have gotten away if it wasn't for some those meddling kids who called police

FIFY, cut to Scooby Doo.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw that. :D

#415 Stuart Galbraith

Stuart Galbraith

• Members
  • 54,720 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 1252 PM

There was some ideologically-charged debate on the nature of their relationship, with some maintaining that a good Polish girl would never hook up with some dirty Muslim migrant. But in court he confessed that he killed her out of jealousy because she allegedly had a second lover, too, and may have compared the respective sex unfavorably to him. Though the trial also suggested that their relationship included little beyond the sex, since they shared very little common language.
Meanwhile there are reports that US intelligence has identified the Berlin hitman as a 48-year-old former member of a Russian interior ministry unit who was convicted for murder in Russia once already about 15 years ago. Per this, he travelled to Berlin via Paris and Warsaw, where Polish police recovered some items from the hotel room he seems to have used as an immediate base. I see a movie coming up which includes the line "Boris, what would you think about a reduction of your time in here?"
Sure

Sounds like the plot of Killing Eve, accept he isn't as cute, natch.

When the Russian intelligence service behaves like a budget spy novel, you know they they have issues.

#416 Markus Becker

Markus Becker

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 1402 PM

A MILF taking a ride on a young stallion.? I didn't dn't look at it from that angle.

#417 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,511 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 1513 PM

When the Russian intelligence service behaves like a budget spy novel, you know they they have issues.

I wonder at what point he was transformed from poor refugee US sponsored media care so much into “Russian intelligence service man”?
https://www.rferl.or...m/27954785.html
Dozens Of Chechens At Polish Border, Hoping For Asylum

https://www.dw.com/e...gees/a-19516827

Blaszczak said that as long as he was the interior minister and the conservative Law and Justice (PiS) party was in power "we will not expose Poland to the threat of terrorism," without explaining why he linked the Chechens to terrorism.

Edited by Roman Alymov, 12 September 2019 - 1516 PM.

#418 WRW

WRW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 0515 AM

Georgian intelligence is the last source to take into consideration since they got history of providing safe haven and channel to outside world for Chechen terrorists and their international Islamist supporters (as Georgia is the only foreign country bordering Chechnya).
By the way false flag attack on German politician (with ATGM) to drag Germany into conflict in Russia was part of Anisimov’s book (published in March 2013)

I am curious about the Georgian reference - what basis is there to it. Lived in Georgia for most of last two years and what have heard seen this surprises me 

#419 Roman Alymov

Roman Alymov

• Members
  • 18,511 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 0607 AM

I am curious about the Georgian reference - what basis is there to it. Lived in Georgia for most of last two years and what have heard seen this surprises me 

For example, from 2002

https://www.nytimes....within-its.html

VIGILANCE AND MEMORY: RUSSIA; Putin Warns Georgia to Root Out Chechen Rebels Within Its Borders or Face Attacks
By Steven Lee Myers
Sept. 12, 2002

#420 WRW

WRW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 0702 AM

I was there 2017- June 2019 so things may be different

there was a cell (cannot recall numbers maybe2/3) taken out in or around Tbilisi sometime last year - boss may have been Chechyn