147 replies to this topic

#141 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,972 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 0209 AM

1.5 kilogram of aluminum, close to muzzle velocity ... yep. A very rare occurrence to be sure, mostly a threat to own troops, will only happen if human crews are responsible for weapon employment (human gunner and/or commander). Otherwise we still have them flying, but just as a visual effect.

#142 Chris Werb

Chris Werb

In Zod We Trust

• Staff
  • PipPip
  • 11,093 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 1630 PM

I hope you enjoy this video on enabling infantry + vehicle cooperation in Steel Beasts. 

#143 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,972 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 0431 AM

While not exactly a "Pro PE" or "version 4.1" thing, I thought this might be of mild interest to TankNetters in general.

The Spanish Army is currently conducting a Division level exercise "Toro 19" with three brigades involved (and about 5,000 soldiers actively participating).
Virtual and constructive exercise support by Steel Beasts:

(Links in Spanish, sorry):

I was told that the Spanish Army is conducting a BDE level CAX four times a year, BN level command post exercises monthly, and company scale exercises every week, with SB Pro for the LOCON operators (or the crew stations, depending on the exercise level). Currently running are a tender for four years of simulation support with SB Pro, and for the upgrade of Leopard 2 turret trainers. Next up, platoon simulator cabins for the IFV Pizarro, then for the Piranha V fleet. Looks like they'll keep us rather busy.

#144 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 1301 PM

Snake.  I looked at the Esim page.  I never owned Steel beasts.  I am confused on what version to buy.  I don't need old versions ( I think).  Some help please.

#145 Ssnake

Ssnake

Virtual Shiva Beast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,972 posts

Posted 30 November 2019 - 0548 AM

I'm currently travelling (well, technically it's four in the morning and I am jet-lagged), so please excuse the delayed response.

You want version 4.1;

• The web shop only sells "classic" licenses for version 4.1, none of the older

• Time-based licenses are valid for all versions from 3.0 up to 4.1

• The Downloads page lists the latest version first, older further below; this is just support for people who still own an old license and who don't want to upgrade, but still need to reinstall the Steel Beasts version for which they have the license

On the Downloads page you'll find the Release Notes with step-by-step instructions for installation and license activation. I recommend studying at least the first three or four pages while you download the installation files.

After purchase of a license you will get TWO emails, the order confirmation, and a "license ticket". After installing SB Pro PE (see Release Notes) the license ticket can be activated (in a nutshell: Click the link that's in it, then click the "Activate" button on the page where it leads to, don't use MS Edge as a browser).

As far as deciding which license to order,

• All time-based licenses expire after a while (but you never pay upgrade fees if a new version comes out)

• They can't be used inside a virtual machine

• They bind the license to the computer on which they were activated

• They are ideal for people short on free USB slots, and travellers with notebooks

• They become invalid if you have to reinstall Windows, and we can't fully replace such lost licenses in every case (exceptions and special offers still apply)

• A one-month time based license costs the least ($9.50), and is useful to try it out; a one-year license is most cost-efficient

• Classic licenses on the other hand are stored in a CodeMeter USB stick

• They offer the ultimate degree of flexibility (CAN be used with virtual machines, can be used on different machines, can hold multiple licenses for multiple PCs in a LAN, license storage is completely independent from your PC, or its operating system)

• They never expire (but they require that you pay for future upgrades)

• A classic license comes with a free one-month complimentary license that you can use while the CM stick is still in the mail

• After approximately five to seven years of continuous use, classic licenses are the cheapest option even with paying for upgrades ... provided that you never lose the CodeMeter stick

I hope this helps.

#146 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 0922 AM

Yes that was helpful.  Is there a manual on game play?  I have to admit that I am somewhat intimidated by Steel beasts.  I imagine that with a technical and realistic game it is very complex.  Can a average (or below - Less than 47% win rate) WOT player handle Steel beasts?  I am presuming that most major tanks are available.  Favorites for modern-ish are Cent, Conquerer, Chieftain, Challengers 1 + 2, Abrams (All flavors), M-60, Leopards (All flavors), and Leclerc.

Almost forgot.  Can I play with other people?  My brother and I play WOT together.  Thanks.

Edited by Edmund, 03 December 2019 - 0925 AM.

#147 Tim Sielbeck

Tim Sielbeck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 1630 PM

Yes, you can handle it.  Work through the training sessions and do some work on the tank range.

For more information on a particular vehicle there is the "Steel Beasts Wiki" at the Steel Beasts forum.

You could always join a VU or a multiplayer session, most of which are very open to having new players join.

#148 Edmund

Edmund

Crew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 0744 AM

Ok.  Thanks.  Again.  :)