2 replies to this topic

#1 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,055 posts
  • Interests:Military History, Aviation

Posted 08 November 2009 - 0753 AM

I ran low on my regular coffee this morning, so I finally tried Starbucks' "pre-brewed" (instant) coffee--I was given a box--and it's really is pretty good! When they first rolled it out, shops offered a blind taste comparison to customers, and while I didn't try it (I like my coffee hot, blond and sweet), many tasters couldn't tell the difference between the Via and regular brewed Starbuck's coffee. At $1+ per cup, I won't be drinking it regularly, but it would be nice for camping, etc. In fact, Starbucks is encouraging sending Via to deployed troops, and I was told they are talking to DoD about getting it into MREs.

#2 Typhoid Maxx

Typhoid Maxx

Mr Negative

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,127 posts
  • Interests:You seriously DO NOT want to know.

Posted 08 November 2009 - 1738 PM

They were handing out Starbucks instant coffee in those long, thin sachets...outside of Shepherds Bush underground station. They had a fake tree, with the little bags hanging like leaves...these two sweet girls were handing them out, one per person...I walked up and picked about 20 of the tree...this man came up to me and told me I was only allowed one.

He was funny.

The coffee was good.

#3 shep854

shep854

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,055 posts
  • Interests:Military History, Aviation

Posted 08 November 2009 - 2140 PM

They were handing out Starbucks instant coffee in those long, thin sachets...outside of Shepherds Bush underground station. They had a fake tree, with the little bags hanging like leaves...these two sweet girls were handing them out, one per person...I walked up and picked about 20 of the tree...this man came up to me and told me I was only allowed one.

He was funny.

The coffee was good.

Um, yes...Who bounces the bouncer? There has to be a Latin tag, somewhere...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users